Forming a Professional Corporation
The following documents list the various steps required for an optometrist to create and register a new Professional Corporation in Alberta. The Alberta College of Optometrists (ACO) strongly encourages all Regulated Members to consult with appropriate legal and accounting advice before creating and registering a new Professional Corporation.
- Step-by-Step process for Creating and Registering a new Professional Corporation
- ACO Advisory on Professional Corporations
- Articles of Incorporation that Must be Included in a Professional Corporation
- Statutory Declaration for Non-Voting Shares
- Excerpts from the Health Professions Act on Professional Corporations
- Application for an Alberta College of Optometrists Professional Corporation Permit
If you require any further information or clarification, please contact the ACO office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-668-2694.